American Express My Gift Card Balance
- Provide an AMEX gift card number in order to check the balance and a detailed list of recent transactions
- The American Express card number should be 15 digits long
Please note the American Express My Gift Card balance check applies to both personal gift cards and business gift cards alike. Both AMEX Gift Cards or AMEX Business Gift Cards may be used at any US merchants where the American Express logo is present but Gift Cards or Business Gift Cards may not be used at ATMs (to obtain cash money) or for Recurring Billing purposes (such as setting up an automatic monthly car payment).
American Express My Gift Card Notes
- The customer will never be charged an additional fee after the gift card purchase
- The card can replaced if lost
- AMEX gift card funds DO NOT expire under any circumstances
- Gift card offers cannot be combined and the balance of one AMEX gift card cannot be transferred to another card
- Fee-Free offers and Free Shipping offers valid with promotion code at checkout until advertised expiration date
- AMEX gift cards are not available for purchase to residents living in the state of Hawaii or Vermont (shipment to these states are not allowed either)
Any questions about the American Express My Gift Card can be directed to a friendly customer service agent at 1-877-297-4438 (for consumer gift cards) or 1-800-297-7327 (for American Express business gift cards).
Popular gift cards issued by American Express include:
- The orignal gold card (this gift card really stands out as it is all gold)
- Teal Gift Stack card (ideal for Birthdays)
- Gold Thank You card (this card is black with Thank You in Gold Letters… really makes an impression)
- National Parks gift card (designed for the nature lover)
The American Express corporate office is headquartered at 200 Vesey Street New York, NY 10285 and can be reached by phone by dialing 212-640-2000.