My EDAccount Manage My Account
Obtain more information about student loans from the Federal Aid Student loan program online. The service provides a wide range of information in regards to student loans to include how to apply, how to prepare for college, does the student even qualify and what limits are available.
Federal Student Aid Notes
- Grants and Scholarships information is available
- Loans are paid via the students loan servicer by the U.S. Department of Education
- Loans are usually distributed into two forms of payments
- The U.S. Department of Education is responsible for distributing financial aid
- Loan amounts will depend on grants, student loans, work-study, or parent loans
- The service is closed on all major holidays to include Martin Luther Kings days
- When checking the status of loan approval please have the applicants first and last name, Social Security number, and date of birth on hand
- The school will send a final letter, e-mail, or other contact method to inform the student how much money they have been approved for
- Students are expected to use this money for educational purposes and not for entertainment such as beer and food
Any questions about the student loan process can be directed to a customer care agent at the Federal Student Aid Information Center by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). If the customer does not have access to 800 services please call the local number at 319-337-5665.