Allstate Claim Center
- Allows Allstate customers to file an Allstate Insurance claim online for home or automobile damage 24 hours a day or to find out the status of a current claim
- To track an Allstate claim, customers will need to enter their claim number they received when the claim was filed
Allstate Claim Center Insurance customers who need to file a claim on their automobile or homeowner’s insurance can start the process quickly online. Once the initial Allstate claim is filed, the customer will receive a claim number that can be used throughout the whole Allstate claim process. When a customer files a claim with Allstate, many times, Allstate will need to investigate further. The online claim tracking process will alert the customer if any more information is needed.
Allstate Claim Center Notes
- Allstate will have a professional appraiser assess the damage, and determine what repairs need to be made
- When a damage assessment is done, an Allstate adjuster will speak with the customer about what to do next
- Once a claim is processed, Allstate will work with any third parties or any other insurance agencies to help settle payment
Allstate insurance claims can also be made by calling 1-800-ALLSTATE or through the Allstate mobile app
Customers who have already filed a claim with Allstate can log on to track the progress of that claim. They can see where the process stands, what’s happened so far, what’s coming next, and see any further steps they need to take.
More about Allstate
- Allstate was founded in 1931 as a part of the Sears Corporation and has over 16 million insurance customers across the United States
- Today, Allstate has their headquarters at 2775 Sanders Rd. Northbrook, IL 60062
Any questions about the Allstate Claim Center service can be directed to a customer service agent at (800) 255-7828.