My Balance Now
- Check the balance of a gift card online with the card number, expiration date (in MM/YY format), and the CVS number
- What is the CVS number? This is the three digit number that can be found on the back of the card
All of the My Balance Now cards are associated with Target and are as follows: the Target Visa Gift Card, Target MasterCard Gift Card or Target Visa Prepaid Card.
My Balance Now Notes
- When making a purchase with the card give the Card to the Target cashier and sign the receipt or push “credit” on the keypad
- Merchants are not able to see the balance of the card
- Target gift cards are available for purchase in the amount of $25, $50 $100, $200, and $400 (please note these gift cards to come with purchase fees… see more about fees below)
- If the card foes not hold enough money to make a purchase the customer will have the option to use a secondary form of payment such as cash, check, credit or debit card
- Target Visa gift cards can be used anywhere in the US that accepts Visa debit cards or PULSE
- The cards cannot be used at ATM’s
- Once the gift card balance has been used the customer should toss it in a trash can as the card cannot be reloaded
Purchase fees associated with a Target gift card?
Unfortunately yes a purchase fee is associated with a gift card from Target and the fees are as follows:
- $25 gift card = a $4 fee
- $50 = $5
- $100 = $6
- $200 = $6
- $400 = $6
All Target Visa Gift Cards and Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by The Bancorp Bank and MetaBank who are (member FDIC) and are pursuant to a license from Visa. Any questions in regards to the My Balance Now service can be directed to 1-800-698-4952 (please call this number immediately if a card is lost or stolen and no service fees will be applied for calling the toll-free Balance Now help line).