My Emerald Advance
- Access a Emerald Account online or apply for the Emerald Prepaid MasterCard online
The Emerald Prepaid MasterCard is issued by BofI Federal Bank and offers rewards when using the card to make purchases. This is a debit card so cardholders are only allowed to spend what amount of money they have loaded on the cards and withdrawals from the card at non Emerald Advance ATM’s will cost a service fee between $1.50 to $3.00 (generally speaking). All rewards earned will be updated in the 5th of every month and rewards are in the form of a cash credit loaded onto the card and are subject to applicable withdrawal/cash back limits.
My Emerald Advance Online Services?
- Check/view recent transactions, balance and monthly statements
- Make a payment or withdraw funds
- Sign up for alerts (i.e. cardholders will receive a text when a payment is due or when suspicious activity it taking place on the Emerald Prepaid MasterCard)
- View weekly Emerald Cash Rewards offers
- Find a local ATM that will not charge the card holder a bothersome service fee
Any questions about the My Emerald Advance card can be directed to a customer care agent at 1-800-472-5625. It should be noted that the Emerald Advance card receive very good reviews online and was named the Consumer Champion Winner by industry publication Paybefore.
Other card features
- Cardholders can have their pay checks deposited on the card
- Unemployment and government benefit payments (i.e. Veterans Affairs Disability Benefits) can be deposited onto the card
- The card is issued by MasterCard International Incorporated
- Fees apply to Emerald Card bill pay service
- When applying for the Emerald Advance card most applicants should receive a decision in 5 minutes or less
First time applicants who are approved may be eligible for a credit in the amount between $350 and $1,000. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply (19 years of age in the states of Nebraska and Alabama).