My License Site
- Those business pursuant to Chapter 493, Florida Statutes can obtain more licensing information online
- Residents in the state can also acquire more information by visiting a My License Site regional office in the state
Applications and Application Instructions are available online and anyone with questions about the licensing service can contact the FL Public Inquiry Section at (850) 245-5691. Please note the current turn around time for processing a concealed weapon license is about 50 to 55 days and applications are processed by date of receipt.
My License Site Notes
- The Florida Division of Licensing is required by law to make a licensing decision within 90 days
- Most applicants will NOT have to wait 90 days
- Items that can delay an application include applications that are not complete, fingerprints are illegible, or a background check is deemed inconclusive
- A $15 fee will be charged if the license holder need to place a name change
Terms of the My License Site
- The Concealed Weapon or Firearm License issued under the authority of Section 790.06, Florida Statutes, has a license term of 7 years.
- An agency license or branch office license issued under the authority of Chapter 493, Florida Statutes, has a license term of 3 years.
- The Class “K” Firearms Instructor License issued under the authority of Chapter 493, Florida Statutes, has a license term of 3 years.
- Licenses issued to individuals (including agency managers) and to schools/training facilities under the authority of Chapter 493, Florida Statutes, have a license term of 2 years
Any questions for the My License Site via US Mail can be directed to: Division of Licensing, P.O. Box 5767, Tallahassee, FL 32314-5657. When renewing a license please mail it to:
- Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Renewals:
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387
Anyone who is denied a license will receive a denial letter explaining the exact reason behind the denial and a Election of Rights statement which will provide the resident with hearing options.