Daytona Recreation and You
- The Recreation and Youth Services for the City of Dayton web site gives residents information about Dayton’s recreation programs, like the city’s golf courses and city classes as rec centers
- Classes offered at Dayton recreation centers include yoga, senior dancing, fitness, swimming, and more
- Three of Dayton’s best golf courses, Community, Kittyhawk and Madden, and all located within driving distance of Dayton
The city of Dayton has recreation programs that are specially designed for all Dayton residents, like kids, teens, seniors, families, and singles. Dayton has several recreation centers that have been recently built or renovated, and include activities from swimming to fitness, and sports options from organized league play to drop in pickup ball. There are even several free spray parks in Dayton to cool off on hot days.
At each of these events, volunteers are needed in areas like:
- Registration table and check-in
- Greeter and checkpoint control
- Survey takers
- Selling merchandise and concessions
- Field marshals
Dayton’s recreation and youth services department also organizes a popular Blues Festival each year, now in its 31st year. This free festival has live music from some of the area’s best blues artists (think R.B. Stone, Joe Tellman Band, Eldorado Brown, and Brown Street Breakdown).
Volunteering with the City of Dayton Recreation Department
Dayton’s recreation department actually offers several great volunteer opportunities for people to give back to Dayton. Volunteering at the Dayton Recreation department might mean working with an event like “Pitch, Hit and Run,” “Reds Rookie Success League,” or the Fireworks Festival. Any questions about the Daytona Recreation and You program can be directed to 937-333-3333.