Find Mass Money
- Allows residents in the great state of Massachusetts to search for unclaimed property or check the status of an unclaimed property claim
- The service is free to use and is operated by the Massachusetts Office of the State Treasurer
The Find Mass Money search will require the user to provide a name (or business name) and the city/town in which the person/business resides (i.e. Boston). Please note to refine a unclaimed property search please enter a First Name and/or a City/Town in the given fields.
Find Mass Money Notes
- Unclaimed Property does not pertain to land, houses or real estate of any kind
- Many times the state of Massachusetts will send a mailing notice to the person who owns the unclaimed property
- There is not a maximum amount of claims that can be filed using the Find Mass Money service
- It may take up to 12 weeks (aka 3 months) to process a claim due to an extreme back log and not enough employees
- Please watch out for scams associated with Unclaimed Property (NEVER pay an advanced fee)
- Stocks may take longer than 12 weeks to process as the state will have to issue a new stock certificate which can take up to 30 days
- The Treasurer attempts to locate the owners or their heirs by advertising the names in local papers
To contact Find Mass Money please dial 617-367-0400 or 1-800-647-2300 (toll-free Massachusetts only) between the times of 8:00am – 8:00pm, Monday thru Friday OR 9:00am – 4:00pm on Saturday.
Common unclaimed property in the state of Massachusetts include:
- Expired savings accounts and or checking accounts
- Uncashed benefit checks (i.e Department of Veterans Affairs payment)
- Unpaid wages
- Gift certificates
- Uncashed dividends
- Certificates of deposit
- Paid-up life insurance policies
Any questions for Find Mass Money via mail can be sent to: Department of the State Treasurer Commonwealth of Massachusetts Unclaimed Property Division One Ashburton Place, 12th Floor Boston, MA 02108-1608.