Mass. First Resolution Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain all the dirty details in regards to a $1.5 million class action lawsuit settlement against First Resolution Investment Corporation
- FirstResolutionSettlement.com is administered by First Class, Inc. who are based at J13713- Clark, 5410 W. Roosevelt, Rd., Suite 222, Chicago, IL 60644-1490
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 5/23/18 for those who are not happy with the proposed settlement
The class action lawsuit against First Resolution Investment Corporation claim they engaged in debt collection practices that violated various provisions of Massachusetts debt collection law. Class members contend that First Resolution tried to collect debts from Massachusetts debtors without first getting licensed as a debt collector by the Massachusetts Division of Banks PLUS First Resolution failed to register as a foreign corporation with the Massachusetts Secretary of State before conducting business in Massachusetts (both of which is against state law according to the class members).
First Resolution Investment Corporation has denied any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
The case is entitled Clark v. First Resolution Investment Corp., et al., and is pending in the Superior Court for Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Any objections to the mind bending 1.5 million dollar settlement must be filed before 4/10/18
- Claim forms must be in by 4/10/18
- Those that fail to file a claim will lose out on any settlement benefits
- FirstResolutionSettlement.com is cited as case number 15-1013-BLS2
- Class members are defined as anyone in the United States who had a debt collection attempt made by First Resolution to collect a defaulted consumer debt from April 8, 2011 through Jan. 10, 2018
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Kenneth D. Quat from the law firm of QUAT LAW OFFICES and Josef C. Culik from the law firm of CULIK LAW PC. Quit Law Offices can be reached at 866-907-1220 and Culik Law PC can be reached at 617-830-1795.