- Obtain more information about making a return related to a clothing purchase at the GAP
- Customers are allowed to exchange the item for a new size, color, or style, or they can request a quick refund (assuming the refund criteria is met)
GAP returns are allowed within 45 days on all items purchased at Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic (purchased made at Athleta are not subject to the 45 day return rule). Those who want to save some cash should use the prepaid return shipping label when making a return and exchange via US Mail (or customers who have a local GAP store in their area can make a free return in store).
GAP Returns Notes
- Items MUST be unwashed and unworn in order to qualify for a return or exchange
- Swimwear must have the original price tags and hygienic liner intact
- Returns and exchanges are always FREE
- Some GAP purchases can only be returned via US Mail (please look for the “mail only” label)
- Final sale items from the GAP are not allowed to be returned or exchanged
- Items marked “mail only” on the product page, your shopping bag, and the invoice can be returned only by mail
The GAP Returns prepaid return shipping label can be used with the U.S. Postal Service OR the United Parcel Service (aka UPS). When making a return via mail please use the original package if possible and make sure there are no other tracking labels showing as this could cause the package to be returned to sender.
The GAP Return policy states they cannot and will not accept C.O.D. deliveries regardless of how much money the customer has spent at the GAP over the years.
Any questions about the GAP Returns policies can be directed to a customer service agent at 800-427-7895 (from inside U.S.) OR 614-744-3907 (from outside U.S.).