- The KFC Voice survey is an opportunity for KFC employees to share their opinions about their workplace
- Answers that employees give in the KFC Voice team member survey are completely confidential, and can’t be traced back to the employee in any way
With the KFC Voice survey, KFC team members have the chance to give completely confidential, honest feedback about the working environment at KFC. KFC Voice survey responses are in no way tied to an individual employee. To begin taking the KFC Voice team member survey, employees will need their Learning Zone ID (example: kfc1234).
KFC Voice Notes
- Among fast food restaurants, KFC is consistently ranked one of the best places to work
- Employees will need their KFC Learning Zone ID number to begin taking the KFC Voice survey
- Kentucky Fried Chicken is focused on having diversity among their employees, and lives by the motto of “Believe in All People.”
- In their French locations alone, over 19 different nationalities are represented. More than 78& KFC’s corporate hires in 2014 were minorities or women
KFC focuses on having an incredibly diverse internship program that gives them access to post MBA talent thanks to the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management.”
More about KFC
Kentucky Fried Chicken was founded in 1930 in North Corbin, Kentucky. With nearly 19,000 restaurant locations, it is the world’s second largest restaurant chain (second only to McDonald’s). KFC is owned by YUM! Brands, who also owns Taco Bell. Like many fast food restaurants, KFC has often been criticized for concerns over animal welfare.