- PayPal are offering some customers the opportunity to take a short survey online in regards to using this popular online payment service
Please note not all customers who make a purchase using PayPal will receive this survey invitation but the ones who do will be entered into a prize draw where they could win $1000 (assuming they take and finish the PayPal survey online). The survey will only take a few minutes and the feedback provided will be held in private.
PayPal released an official statement in regards to the survey on their web page forum:
“PayPal has commissioned Decipher Inc., an independent market research company, to conduct this web-based survey among its members. If you have concerns about the validity of this survey, please contact email@example.com” – PayPal
PayPal Holdings Inc
- San Jose, CA based online payment firm with more than 15,000 employees (found on the NASDAQ exchange under ticker symbol PYPL)
- Founded in December 1998 by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, and Ken Howery
- PayPal was founded under the name Confinity
- Launched a peer-to-peer payment platform called PayPal.Me
- The PayPal Operations Center is located in Omaha, Nebraska
PayPal has more than 170 million registered customers and revenues over 8 billion US Dollars. The firm is headquartered at 2211 North First Street San Jose, CA 95131 and can be reached by phone by dialing 1 (402) 935-2050.
PayPal became its own publicly traded company on September 30, 2014 as it was previously a subsidiary of eBay. Future rivals to PayPal (besides the obvious Apple, Google) includes smaller online/mobile payment firms to include Square, and Stripe (on the plus side PayPal does own Venmo which is a free digital wallet that lets users share payments with friends via smart phone through a app). Venmo was released in 2009 and users are not allowed to use the platform to pay for merchandise purchases (only friends to friends).