PB Class Action Lawsuit
- A 7.5 million dollar settlement has been announced in Sanford v. CenturyTel of Missouri LLC
- PBClassSettlement.com is administered by Rust Consulting
- Attornyes Kenneth B. McClain and Jonathan M. Soper will represent class members who file valid claims
Class members in the case contend that CenturyTel violated the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act in regards to the way that the CenturyLink’s “Pure Broadband” package was marketed in the state of Missouri. The Pure Broadband package allegedly did not consist of only broadband internet service but also included a limited-use phone line. CenturyTel denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 7.5 million dollar settlement in order to avoid the unknown cost associated with a trial.
Class members in the PB Class Settlement include anyone in the Show Me State (aka Missouri) who purchased the Pure Broadband package and no other telephony services from CenturyLink and were assessed a Universal Service Fund Surcharge, a Missouri Universal Service Fund Surcharge, a 911 Surcharge, or a Missouri Relay Surcharge between the dates of 12/3/17 to 7/31/17.
- Claim forms must be filed by 3/8/18 in order to receive a settlement
- The exact settlement amount any one class member will receive is not known at this time
- This class action lawsuit is listed as case number 12BA-CV04686 and is pending in the Circuit Court of Boone County, Missouri
- A fairness hearing will take place on or around 1/22/18 at the Circuit Court of Boone County, Missouri to determine of the 7.5 million dollar settlement fund is fair to class members
- SHERMAN & HOWARD LLC and BRYAN CAVE LLP will represent CenturyTel of Missouri LLC
Any questions in regards to the PB Class Action Lawsuit can be directed to 1-866-903-1193. Those looking to contact the class administrator by mail can write to: Pure Broadband Settlement Administrator – 5867, c/o Rust Consulting, P.O. Box 2614, Faribault MN 55021-9614.