Prepaid Rewards Center
- Use the first 6 digits of the Prepaid Rewards card number in order to claim a reward online
- Those who have had the misfortune of a lost or stolen card will have to go through an irksome account recovery process in which they will have to file and mail a form to the address provided
The Prepaid Rewards Center can be reached via US Mail by writing to: Cardholder Services 700 State Highway 121 Bypass, Suite 200 Lewisville, TX 75067. The rewards center will never charge the customer a fee to claim their rewards.
More details in regards to the Prepaid Rewards Center lost or stolen card process?
- Will have to file a Affidavit of Fraud form
- The form should be mailed with appropriate postage to Cardholder Services 700 State Highway 121 Bypass, Suite 200 Lewisville, TX 75067
- Customers will have to have the affidavit of fraud form notarized by a current and licensed notary public
- Those who fail to have the form notarized will have it returned to sender
- Mailing the ORIGINAL copy of the Affidavit of Fraud form is the only way to send the form as faxed or copies of the completed affidavit of fraud form will not be accepted
- Disputes are generally processed within 5-7 business days from the date that the Affidavit of Fraud is received
Please note customers can expect about a 30 day waiting period for credits to be applied to a Prepaid Rewards Center card (this is assuming the affidavit of fraud is processed correctly). Those who are set to receive a replacement card instead of an account credit should allow up to 10 days for the replacement card to arrive and the card will be mailed to the address listed on the form.
The first 6 digits of the Prepaid Rewards card will be all numbers and if the customer enters more than 6 digits the rewards will not take.