Remote Health South
- Gain access to the Remote Health patient portal with a HealthSouth user id (ex: smithj) and password
Patients who do not have a HealthSouth User ID will have to register or call the bothersome HealthSouth’s IT Support Center at 800 646-9404 to obtain a User ID or obtain help with password issues. The Remote Health System can be accessed from any Apple mobile device and during the registration process patients will be asked to choose three pictures (one animal, one sport and one color… this will be used for security purposes). Please note unless the Remote Health South customer has selected something different their computer is authorized for 30 days to bypass pictures before they need to authorize it again.
Who or what is Health South?
- Specializes in rehabiltation
- Offers a state of the art “rehabilitation center” in which patients receive therapy for a minimum of three hours a day, five days a week
- The HealthSouth corporate headquarters can be found at 3660 Grandview Parkway, Suite 200, Birmingham, AL 35243 and reached by phone by dialing (205) 967-7116
Who does HealthSouth say they are?
“HealthSouth is one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services and through the acquisition of Encompass Home Health and Hospice, an industry leader in home-based patient care.” – healthsouth.com homepage
The firm operates in a total of 34 states and employs more than 23,000 people. HealthSouth was founded in 1984 and can be found on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker symbol HLS. Annual revenues top 2 billion US Dollars and treatment centers can be found in Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Saudi Arabia.
The HealthSouth Network and approximate numbers associated with each facility:
- Inpatient rehabilitation hospitals (120)
- Outpatient rehabilitation satellite clinics (29)
- home health and hospice agencies (165)
Major holders of company stock include the likes of Glenview Capital Management, LLC, Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) AND Blackrock. Competition to HealthSouth comes in the form of Select Medical Holdings Corporation and HCA Holdings.